Mentor Media Training, one of the UK’s leading providers of communications skills training, is looking for an experienced Content Marketing / Business Development Manager.
This role, offered as a part-time appointment, would be perfect for someone looking to work regular, but flexible hours. It is a brand new position within the department, so there is an opportunity for the right person to 'shape' the role as we grow.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with first class written and numeracy skills. A flair for digital/social media marketing will be second nature to you and you’re not afraid to pick up the phone or go and meet potential clients.
This is the role for you if you love writing creative, engaging content with the direct aim of hooking in new audiences and winning clients.
You may have had sales experience and worked in training or the media. Or, you are a former journalist with an eye for business development and looking for a change in direction.
Reporting to our Head of Media Training, and working with the Training Manager and Video Production Manager, applicants for this role should feel confident in taking and managing incoming telephone enquiries, for our range of training courses and consultancy services, as well as following up incoming leads. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter who is confident, outgoing, very organised with marketing processes and has a good understanding of journalism and the modern media landscape.
Duties will include:
- Content writing and marketing.
- Digital marketing of training courses/content using online platforms.
- Maintaining our social media feed.
- Support outbound sales and warm lead calls, marketing and sales campaigns, including social and web content.
- Support the team with incoming training enquiries.
- Taking and tracking enquiries and co-ordinating the sales process.
- Seeking tender opportunities / processing tender applications.
- Ability to meet with clients, organise and run business development meetings.
- Writing proposals and pricing documents.
- Support the updating of courses and course content on our website.
- Plan marketing events / use our video and training excellence to bid for awards.
- Excellent English and writing skills.
- Marketing and content writing experience.
- Confident telephone manner and excellent people and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organisational skills handling multiple leads at the same time.
- Experience of client management and/or business development.
- Understanding of PR, multimedia journalism and the current media landscape.
- Experience with social, web, and marketing tools / content writing / blogging.
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years experience working in marketing, training or journalism and media
Salary/ working hours
These will be agreed with the successful applicant based upon experience, but we would be looking for no less than 21-24 hours, flexible working across the week. This may involve a mix of home and office working.
Mentor provides a full range of web-development, video production, training and digital marketing services. We are a medium-sized agency and we look for staff with a proactive, collaborative approach to working. Our Training and Video departments comprise a fast-paced and dynamic team.
We offer some excellent benefits, here are a few to expect if you join our team;
- A contributory pension which includes life insurance of up to four times your basic salary
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Time off in lieu of overtime
- ‘Beer Fridge Fridays’
- Great Christmas parties as well as an annual Summer party
For further information call: 0117 305 8900
Please send a covering letter explaining why you are right for this role, together with your current c.v.
Closing date Monday 17th September.