Advanced Media Training - 5/10 CPD points
Our most popular course, this takes media training to a new level. Perfect as a refresher and for senior executives/spokespeople in a post-pandemic media world, providing strategies for owning the message in any situation.
Equipping spokespeople with the tools to handle all formats of digital video, print, social and broadcast media, this is the ideal choice for anyone who needs to perform livestreams, live and pre-recorded radio and TV interviews, whether face-to-face, or remotely.
Even the most media savvy executives could do with a media refresher before a round of interviews.
Available either in-person, or as an e-learning remote course, we can cater for your time, location and circumstances, offering flexible, competitive training packages.
Who should attend:
- Your senior team / senior spokesperson (suggested max. 6/7 per full day session)
- All those who may need to handle media interviews or video opportunities
- Those responsible for advising and briefing corporate interviewees
- Message development: what are we saying and to whom are we saying it?
- Using the principles of 'what makes news' to your advantage
- Preparing for successful media interviews
- Taking control of the interview situation
- Developing your personal impact
- Live and pre-recorded broadcast and press interviews
- Issues and awkward questions
- Practice interviews with experienced journalists
- Soundbites, why they are important and how to produce one
- Using social media strategically in your communication strategy
- Understanding what to do in a media crisis *
- Supportive feedback and pointers for developing your skills
* We offer a full day crisis communications course, but will touch on the subject during this advanced media skills session.
Can we guarantee results? Well, don't just take our word for it. Feedback routinely shows all the attendees feel more confident in their public speaking. The proof of our pudding, is in the video testimonial! Mentor's courses have resulted in our delegates securing coverage and directly winning funding. See this video:
Personal impact and presentation, tone, clothing and key message development are the cornerstones of this excellent course. It is an intensely practical event that is tailored to your needs.
Our investment in the latest technology enables us to re-create remote 'live' style TV interviews at your place or ours.
This event can be tailored to exactly suit you and can cover interviews for TV, radio and press. The message development process and real life interview practice is invaluable.
Having your 'lines to take', a quick Google of the coverage, then strapping yourself in for the rollercoaster that can ensue, is risky at best: while "no comment" is not an option.
Mentor's highly effective half or one day course, will prepare your senior team for every kind of remote, press or broadcast interview, in our unbeatable master class.
Contact our friendly team for more information on how to make this course work for you.