Crisis communication training
Crisis Communication Training - 5/10 CPD points
We’ve seen the negative headlines all too often. This course helps prevent issues becoming crises and enables a faster response time if they do.
How robust is your communications plan? Could your organisation make a meaningful response to an issue within 15 minutes?
When to run this course?
- When you are testing Business Continuity, your communications plan, or the resilience of your senior team when communicating in a crisis
- If you have new members of the senior management team
- If you have completed your risk issues register and want to test scenarios, or if you have specific upcoming issues.
All our courses are bespoke to your organisation and can involve a scenario specific to your circumstances. They also come with CPD professional development points.
What does the course cover?
- All aspects of handling communications in a crisis, from risk issues management, to making live media statements.
- How to gain control of the narrative and be a primary source of information.
- Creating content, safeguarding reputation and ensuring communications staff have options.
- Understanding how the 'media' landscape swiftly changes and being part of the conversation.
Who should attend:
- Senior Management Team
- Crisis management or emergency planning team
- All managers likely to be involved in communicating to the media or stakeholders in a crisis
- All PR and communications professionals
We work with you to write a relevant scenario which is used as the basis for message development and media interviews.
This embeds the theory, which is followed by intensive practice and feedback plus:
- Guidance on handling media at an already difficult time
- Turn negative questions into positive points
- Successful crisis communications through the media
- Develops your key business and crisis messages
If you are about to allow your two-page press statement to be the stand-alone spokesperson for your organisation, talk to us.
We don't mind betting there are talented spokespeople at your disposal, who just need a little more support or coaching. And that's where we can help.
No organisation wants to be trending on social media for all the wrong reasons.
Reputational issues can often be the biggest threat to business continuity when a crisis strikes. Mentor has more than 20 years' experience in supporting our clients with crisis PR when they find themselves in potentially threatening situations.
Handling the Media in a Crisis
Mentor's crisis communications experts will show you how to manage the media positively in a crisis to the long-term benefit of your organisation - as well as how to prevent the reputational threat from becoming a full scale media crisis.
All of our courses come with 5/10 CPD points, are highly practical, involve rigorous interviewing, with positive feedback points for improvement, and a fast learning experience.
Click above for a quote and proposal. We look forward to working with you.