Introduction to Media Awareness
This course is ideal for marketing or PR personnel with little experience of PR or dealing with the media. This fun and interactive course will provide you with another new skill which you will be able to call upon whenever needed.
This course is ideal for marketing, PR personnel and frontline staff who would like basic tips for dealing with the media. This fun and interactive course will provide you with another new skill which you will be able to call upon whenever needed.
A unique workshop designed to be fun and interactive throughout, with practical exercises, delivered by our media experts.
Capacity: 6 to 20
Who should attend:
- Marketing, PR and those personnel supporting their organisation's PR effort
- Managers who wish to manage their PR professionals more effectively
Agenda may include:
- Raising your profile - why PR is important
- What motivates journalists
- How to identify a story
- What happens when you talk to journalists - and after
- Alternatives to the News Release
- Selling your story (practical session)
- How to write and present your News Release
- Writing skills (practical session)
- How to prepare for interview
- How to take control
- Interview skills (practical introduction)